Saturday, August 4, 2012 – in conjunction with ArtCapsule
This year’s Taste of Rockford menu includes:
- Corner Bar – Hot Dogs
- Herman’s Boy – Pulled Pork and Turkey Salad Sliders
- Poindexter’s – Dip Samples
- Grand Cakes – Cupcake Samples
- Grill One Eleven – Spring Rolls
- Marinades Pizza Bistro – Wood-oven Pizza
- Twisted Vine – Smoked Turkey Dip/Cherry Chutney
- Custard by the Dam – Apple Crisp
- Dam Dogs – All Beef Dogs
Taste of Rockford features Rockford’s eateries offering samples of their fare for $1 tickets. The proceeds from A Taste of Rockford will be going to the RAAC , so the commission is grateful to the restaurants taking part in this crowd favorite. Nine participating restaurants are preparing samples that will cost from between one and three tickets, so visitors are assured a taste of participating restaurants’ offerings for a fantastic price.
This year the samples will be located at the participating restaurant’s front door. For easier access, visitors may purchase tickets at tents strategically placed throughout town on Saturday, with the main location at the Welcome Center, located on Squires Street. Maps and menus will be available the day of the event.