Learn more about this fun, competitive event – Rockford’s own version of the large ArtPrize event in Grand Rapids!
SORRY – 2012 Applications are no longer being accepted. Come visit all the 2012 Artists on Saturday, August 4, 2012 – DETAILS HERE.
Be part of a unique social art event celebrating the beauty of Rockford – and beyond – with the 2012 theme “The Beauty of Nature!
Art will be everywhere in downtown Rockford on Saturday, August 4 via ArtCapsule 2012. The event is looking for artists interested in showcasing their talent throughout the first week in August.
There will be three divisions: photography, 2-D and 3-D. There will be two age groups in 2012: High School and Adult. This year’s theme is, “The Beauty of Nature.”
Each year, the merchants of downtown Rockford open their doors and showcase the artwork in their stores. The public is able to vote for their favorites, and more than 1,000 votes were cast in 2011, so there is plenty of exposure for artists. ArtCapsule also allows the artists the ability to sell their entries.
This is the third year of the event and organizers are working hard to make this year’s event bigger and better. The RAAC will again add music to the event at Garden Club Park throughout the day on Saturday. Add “A Taste of Rockford” – Rockford’s eateries offering samples of their fare and you have a wonderful exclamation point on a great week of celebrating the best Rockford has to offer.
“We’re looking forward to a great week’s worth of art that will culminate with a tasty Art Capsule on Saturday, August 4 with music in the park, artwork in shops and restaurants, great food to sample and a city full of people out to enjoy Rockford and its arts community,” RAAC Chairman Jeff Lewis said.
The Artist Registration deadline WAS FRIDAY, July 20, 2012, at 5PM.
Register by 5:00PM EDT Friday, July 20, 2012 by completing this Registration Form and including a $10.00 registration fee.
Mail this application (or drop off at):
Rockford City Offices, Attn: ArtCapsule
7 S. Monroe St.
Rockford MI 49341
- Three Divisions: Youth (Middle School), Teen (High School), Adult (Over age 18)
- You must show your entry at an ArtCapsule registered venue
- Your work does not infringe on third party rights
- Submitted work is wholly owned by the artist or collaborative
- Register by 5:00PM EDT Friday, July 20, 2012 by completing this form and including a $10.00 registration fee. Mail or drop off the application at Rockford City Offices, Attn: ArtCapsule, 7 S Monroe St, Rockford MI 49341 Be sure to add bio –see Rule #11
- You complete a Hosting Agreement with a venue (provided by ArtsCapsule)
- You (as an artist or collaborative) may submit only one entry (an entry may contain multiple pieces, but no more than four)
- Your entry should be a new (2012) work of art
- Your must abide by all applicable Rockford city codes and ordinances and other applicable laws and regulations
- Artists or collaboratives must pay a $10.00 registration fee (non-refundable)
- You are responsible for transportation and removal of your work from the venue
- You may sell your work, but it must remain in the ArtCapsule exhibition through 6PM Saturday August 4, 2012. ArtCapsule is not involved in selling the work.
- You grant ArtCapsule, the City of Rockford and the Rockford Area Arts Commission permission to use images of your entry
- ArtCapsule, the City of Rockford and the Rockford Area Arts Commission are not responsible for damages to work
- Artist MUST attach a bio with registration. No more than 100 words with name, awards, background and what inspires your artwork.
- Registration deadline is Friday July 20, 2012 at 5PM
- Work must be installed no later than noon Monday July 30, 2012.